Thursday, October 30, 2008

My New Obsession

My newest obsession is Branston Pickle. Put it on loosely scrambled eggs, a lavash cracker with some cheese or scoop it out onto a salad. This sweet and salty chutney is made up of carrots, cauliflower, rutabega, marrow (a type of summer squash) and dates combined with vinegar, lemon juice and assorted spices.
I think it is a great alternative to any relish and I think would taste good on just about anything, especially a sandwich. But really, nothing says I love you like a Ploughman's Lunch, so mix this up for your beloved thanks to Epicurious


6 oz of cheddar sliced
2 thick slices good Country bread
2 to 3 tablespoons Branston Pickle
Sweet gherkins
lettuce leaves such as bibb
pickled onions
 cucumber slices
Divide ingredients between two plates to assemble open face sandwich.    


1 comment:

beccyjoe said...

i must concur- a ploughman's lunch is indeed one of the best things going. thanks for reminding me of this great food concept.